Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Trips, Time Off, and Weight Journeys

I'm back, for now.  The business travel led directly into a vacation, and a holiday weekend.  And I have work this week, then a couple more off.  So it's strange, I've always felt guilty being away from work, and while there is a little of that, for the most part I'm enjoying it.  So maybe I'm turning over a new leaf in my old age!

I did have a recently found connection asking me when I'd be back, wanting to hook up.  So that's a positive, right? :)  Somebody awaiting my return!  It's only a moderate stretch of the truth, since my family does like having me around.  So much so that I can't drive the half hour home from work without a phone call asking where I am, how long I will be.  I realize that it's her insecurities that can't just let me drive in a car without checking in on me, but it does get a little tedious.  A typical 3 hour drive has at least 4 or 5 phone calls wondering where I am, how soon I'll get there...

We also had a stressful drive back home with car troubles, but we all handled it better than I suspected.  It's difficult to sit on the side of an interstate for an hour and a half waiting for assistance, so the fact that nobody freaked out or started getting upset was a win!  And it ends up that our car trouble also made us aware of another situation with our daughter's car, so it's good to get them all fixed up and running well.  Expensive, but good.

I did get a good look at myself in a few pictures from vacation, so the diet has started today.  She is more into having plans and structure, where I just want to cut back and eat better.  So, of course, we have planned meals, planned exercise, and an online diary to be sure we're doing it right.  Day 2, and I realize how much diet pop and sugar I was eating.  I'm crashing a bit from the lack of simple sugar and caffeine.  But that should pass quickly.  And I dropped 3 pounds on day one.  I need to get in a better place with my body (above the waist...my lower half is good as always. :)

I don't have a recent story to tell, maybe I can figure something out this week?  I know you're all waiting for my graphic descriptions.  How about you?  Any recent fun to brag about?

2 comments:

  1. Good to hear you are back. I know about the body thing. I need to eat less as well. I think I'll go back to my app and count the calories. Although, the only time I did real well is when I was counting the carbs... 3 pounds is a good thing.

    No bragging here... Ohhh wait. My hand was excellent to me just a while back. It did an excellent job.

    ReplyDelete